Program Dates & Times
Wednesdays from 6 - 8 pm weekly
More About the Program
If you’re a middle or high school girl interested in computers, programming, or technology in general, this club is for you. It’s going to be awesome! We are a Girls Who Code chapter at Calvin University.
Why join? You will be learning about programming and technology in a fun environment. Beginners are welcome, no prior knowledge is required, although we will build some on our past semester.
- learn how technology works
- meet and get to know other girls with similar interests
- get some social time and some learn-about-technology time each week
- learn about creating real-world software programs, including mobile apps and games
- design and build a software system that will make a difference for someone in your local community
For more information, contact Nikita.
*Schedule may be subject to change. All dates not listed will be spent continuing to build our projects.
January 6: Resume clubs, continue to learn about new technologies and famous women in computing, and begin to develop impact projects. Have girls brainstorm on bigger projects they might want to work on for the duration of the club (or a related series of projects)
March 2: Female speakers from Calvin Information Technology may present to the girls, possibly visit in future weeks as well.
April 6: Field trip to a local tech company, test and refine impact projects.
May 4: Complete and present impact projects.
June 1: Evaluate and report the current skill level of the girls in the club, how they have grown, and what they have learned. Report results of activities to Girls Who Code and NCWIT.