Program Dates & Times
Girls in AI will happen every Sunday from October 25 to December 13, with a total of 8 sessions. Each session will be approximately 2 hours long, from 11 am to 1 pm, with optional 30 minute office hours before or after. Dates and times may be subject to change.
More About the Program
Girls in AI is an intermediate level program, building upon concepts of artificial intelligence and data science. A basic understanding of coding is recommended, and we will mainly be coding in Python for the duration of the camp. Some tools we will be using are Jupyter Notebooks and Microsoft Azure ML Studio; more info about downloading/working with these will be sent before the camp begins. For any other questions, check out our website, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
For more information, contact Abinaya.
- Keynote Speaker
- Intro to program (go over curriculum and events for next 7 weeks)
- Applications of ML
- Intro to ML (high-level overview of a skeleton model)
- In-depth analysis of ML flow (going into each step and seeing their importance)
- Review of Python and intro to Python libraries
- Begin programmatically deploying steps 1-3 of the skeleton machine learning model
- Keynote speaker
- Evaluation of 6 different machine learning models and scenarios for when to use each
- Use this knowledge to programmatically deploy steps 4-6 of the skeleton model
- May be subject to change
- Introduction to APIs and external packages
- In-depth tutorial and applications to increase comfortability working with various artificial intelligence tools (Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision)
- Introduce capstone project
- Reiterate workflow pipeline
- Go over capstone project guidelines
- Split into teams and begin brainstorming project ideas
- can begin collecting data or slideshow
- Workshop: 'How to craft a pitch deck'
- Time with team and mentors to continue working on their projects
- Keynote Speaker
- Student Presentations
- Closing Ceremony