Program Dates & Times
Monday - Friday; 1 - 3pm
More About the Program
GirlCodeCLE will consist of a week full of group discussions, interactive programming and computational thinking activities, project-based Scratch instruction, individual and group work, and guest speakers. It will bring individualized computer science instruction to ~15-20 girls.
This program is designed for girls who have no computer science experience — no prior knowledge required! By the end of the program, participants will have created interactive multimedia projects using Scratch that address local environmental problems (i.e. PSAs, animations, games, etc).
Why join? Through a fun, group environment, you will:
- learn foundational computing/coding skills (e.g., sequences, loops, variables, and debugging)
- meet and collaborate with girls with similar interests
- apply your new computer science skills to solve real-world environmental issues (i.e. recycling, pollution, climate change, etc.)
- make your own projects to share with your friends and family
- talk to inspirational women in technology
- gain confidence in your skills
For more information, contact Stephanie.
Meeting 1: Introduction to computer science, Scratch, and environmental issues
Meeting 2: Interactive lessons, activities, and projects
Meeting 3: Interactive lessons, activities, and projects; start group Scratch projects based on the theme of “Environment”
Meeting 4: Interactive lessons, activities, and projects; finish group Scratch projects
Meeting 5: Group presentations and reflection
Agenda is subject to change.