Program Dates & Times
Saturdays and Sundays, 11 AM - 3 PM
Dates are subject to change.
FREE (technology, materials, lunch/snacks included)!
More About the Program
GirlCodeCLE will consist of two weekends full of group discussions, interactive programming lessons and activities, Scratch sprints, individual and group projects, and guest speakers. It will bring individualized computer science instruction to middle school girls who attend public schools in the Cleveland area, especially those from underrepresented communities (African-American, Hispanic, and/or from low-income areas).
This program is designed for girls who have little to no computer science experience — no prior knowledge required! By the end of the program, participants will have created interactive multimedia Scratch projects that address local environmental problems (i.e. PSAs, animations, games, etc).
Why join? Through a fun, group environment, you will:
- learn foundational computing and coding skills (e.g., sequences, loops, variables, and debugging)
- meet and collaborate with girls with similar interests
- apply your new computer science skills to solve real-world environmental issues (i.e. recycling, pollution, climate change, etc.)
- make your own projects to share with your friends and family
- talk to inspirational women in technology
- gain confidence in your skills
For more information, contact Stephanie.
Lunch is provided at ALL meetings.
Meeting 1: Introduction to Scratch and programming fundamentals
Meeting 2: Start Scratch projects based on the theme of “Environment”
Meeting 3: Continue working on Scratch projects
Meeting 4: Group presentations and reflection